[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scroungein' (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:50:53 EDT
From: christopher boden <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Scroungein'

Ok...I've been scroungeing about and now my supply list is as follows.

3 NST's
7.5KV -at- 100 mA
12 KV -at- 30 mA
15 KV -at- 30 mA (donated by a sign shop today)

4 FIT's
all 10 KV -at- 23 to 30 mA donated by a HVAC contractor

1 MOT
 no plate open frame approx 2KV -at- 500 mA (old microwave)

1 pair of High Voltage Gloves  (Gauntlet type) donated by the power
company
Numerous ceramic insulators also from the power company.

Our goal is to create our first Tesla Coil and get 5' arcs.
What do I start looking for next?
Where can I get it either really cheap or donated?
What is the most reliable type of cap system?
How big a cap(s) do I need?
What size pvc tubing should I get for a secondary?
Is this really as hard I as I think it's going to be?

Things are really coming together here and we would like to have a
finished coil within 1 month if possible without spending more than
$500 total.

Is a static gap more reliable than rotary? What's the differance in
performance? Reliability?

"Evolution Stops When Stupidity Is No Longer Fatal"

Christopher A. Boden Esq.
President/C.E.O.
The Geek Group
The Geek Shall Inherit the Earth!