[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Inductance

Hi list,

I would like to know if the inductance of a secondary space wound to a
given length with a given number of turns has about the same inductance as
if close wound with larger wire but the same number of turns?

For example, suppose I close-wind an 8 inch diameter coil with a winding
length of 30 inches with 1000 turns of #21 wire.  If I space wind another
coil with 1000 turns of # 23 to the same 30 inch length, is the inductance
approximately the same as the close-wound coil?

If someone has a Wheeler-like equation which has an additional parameter
representing  spacing of the winding of a TC secondary, I would appreciate
you posting it on the list.

Thanks,

Steve Young