[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Book Report Again

My first posting got butchered somehow.  Computer glitch?  Moderator's
hatchet?  Dunno.  Here's another attempt.  If this one doesn't work I'll
give up.

<<<< I'll write this off to a computer glitch on the list send side...  The
original post will be resent ASAP... - T. >>>>

I recently received my copy of "Tesla Coil Construction Guide", 1994
edition, by J.H. Couture, and I couldn't be more pleased with it.  I've
read the whole thing twice since Monday, and I'm ready for a third go at it
tonight.

It's well written & very readable.  The writing style is clear & concise,
without too much engineering jargon.  I think those without an electronics
background could probably use this book just fine with a little effort.

The book provides several practical coil designs for builders.  I was
especially intrigued by the descriptions of small, cheap, tabletop coils.
The smaller coils could be just the ticket for the apartment dweller, young
student, scout troop, etc.  For more advanced coilers, the medium and
high-powered end of the Tesla coil scale is also well represented.

It's a neat book at a cheap price.  I highly recommend it.

Greg Hunter