[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ceramic Caps

Chris,

     I have used caps that have the same specs as those on a small coil
(6kv 30ma) and have had great results. They have been on there for about 2
years and I have never had one blow. The only problem is with the more caps
you use the more loss. A single cap would work better but would be more
costly. For 10kv 30ma you would need about .008uf, you should have at least
3X the AC rating when running DC caps. That means at least 72 caps,  24
sets of 3 in series. Thats allot of caps, I do not know if they will last
at that higher voltage, I use 15 sets of 3 in series. Good luck!

Aron