[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TANK CIRCIUT AND PRIMARY CONDUCTOR CHOICES

Hello fellow coilers,I have a question reguarding conductor choices in both
the tank circuitry and the primary coil. Hopefully somone on the (tesla list)
can help .So far I have seen flat strap,ref. tubing ,and heavy guage
wire.Which would give the best performance?

 Currently,I have a 8"x 28" coil powered by two 15/60's with a vertically
stacked cap.(.027uf) and a series gap. The coil itself has 16 gauge wire on
the secondary and the freq. is(234khz. loaded) with a 6"x 20" toroid.The
primary is a flat sprial made of 1/2" ref. tubing (11 turns tapped at the 6th
turn).

So far max.spark is 42" and I think there is  more potential. There must be
some info. dealing with the certian size of  conductors and the dia.of the
material used depending upon power,volts,current and coupling
characteristics. I am  planning on using either 1/4",3/8,"or 1/2" dia.
tubing.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mike Church (CHURCHMON)4/8/99