[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mineral Oil Source

Hi,

 I thought I would share a little oil knowledge I came across with other
coilers who are trying to save a buck or two.

 Most coilers buy their mineral oil from drugstores or food marts. This
requires they buy the oil either in one or two pint increments, and can get
rather expensive. Some coilers will take the alternative of buying lesser
expensive motor oil at the cost of quality. After all, the usual $1.50 per pint
of oil can be quite steep.

 The other day I was calling different oil dealers in the area. One dealer told
me they carried something called 'Texaco White Oil #22'. He said this was
nothing but a light weight, clear, food grade mineral oil. This stuff runs $22
per five gallon bucket.

 Currently the dealer is out of stock, so he is ordering me a bucket. Has
anyone ever heard of this stuff? Anyway, check your local oil dealer for the
brand name or ask them if they have an equivelant. Be sure to inquire about any
additives. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

   Adam