[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: What is going on??

Hi Reinhard:

>The voltage of my signal generator does NOT drop during any stage of the
>experiment. Interestingly enough at resonace, the input voltage (sig gen)
>actually rises.

This doesn't make sense.  With my experiment, the primary voltage showed
a distinct DROP at resonance, as I would expect it would for any
experiment using a non-zero source resistance.  My signal generator has a
50 Ohm output. It may be necessary to record both pri and sec voltages
and calculate the ratio before drawing conclusions.  Could your signal
generator (or meter) have a very irregular freq vs. voltage curve?  But
then I can't explain why the 50nF cap produced a higher voltage than the
31nF calculated cap with the 2VAC/50Hz source.

One other easy experiment you could try is to verify the current of your
NST.  Put an AC current meter across the output terminals, effectively
shorting it, and power it up.  Your NST hasn't had shunts removed, has it?

Regards, Gary