[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fresh Meat

Greetings from Bedford, Va.
   I am a new member to this list and this is my first post. Just thought
I'd say howdy and let you know a little about me.
   My name is George, and by profession, I am the engineer for a UHF
television station in an adjacent town. Though fairly new to tesla stuff, I
am no stranger to relatively high voltage {25KV}. I know thats not really
high compared to levels reached with a tesla coil, we're talking 200 amps on
the primary side of the HV transformer. Really hate those $3500.00 a month
electric bills.
   Anyway , I already have a 15KV NST -at- 30 ma. that I have been using for
several years for other experiments. Am presently working on a small coil-
2.5" dia. After I get this one figured out and working I would like to make
a larger one. Would also like to experiment with plasma tubes some, but so
far I have found little info.
   My hobbies include: blacksmithing, trains, fireworks, ham radio,
fireworks, and oh, did I mention fireworks?
   Now the questions start. I have read alot about the Wingate rotary spark
gap, but found no construction data. Is this a patented device only
available for sale, or have I not been looking in the right place yet?
   Well, I think this is enough for my first post, so I will close for  now.
Have really enjoyed reading this list. Lots of great info.

Till next time,
George