[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Advice needed on capacitor tests

Reinhard

Actually it appears not to have failed. The hissing and buzzing I think was
just the movement of the plates and dieletrics, as I have not clamped the
thing tightly, and also corona from the edges of the entended-foil plates
where they hang out of either side. I have tested it and I still get
infinite resistance, so hopefully all is well. However I will be using the
oil bath from now on!

There was one bang from the edge of the bottom plate to its neighbour,
which left a small black mark, but I easily wiped that off with my finger.
Taught me to be a bit more careful though!

BTW, I didn't ask about ceramic caps - I replied to someone else and duly
commented that they would probably be dire!

Thanks,

Alex