[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: NST Cores

<< So now I have three NST cores and I was wondering what
> the best thing to do with them would be. I do not want
> to wind them again just to get 7.5KV, but is there
> anything else I could do to get more voltage?

Chris,

I use a bunch of these NST cores (the straight "I" pieces) as a straight
core for a homemade inductive current limiting ballast.

As far as a Tesla transformer is concerned, look for or buy a 12kV or
15kV replacement NST, I've seen a few for sale for $20 or so on the
list lately.  Too much trouble to rewind unless you enjoy that sort of
thing.

John Freau