[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fridge compressor for vacuum pump?

Jim

I don't know of the model, because the label has actually worn off - all i
can say is that it's from a big "Lec" chest freezer, and is quite heavy. When
I removed it lots of refrigerant evaporated, but I didn't lose any oil from
inside (well, maybe a drop when I turned it upside-down. When I said three
wires, I meant three 3-core L,N,E mains cables. Still havent opened the box
yet, but I get a feeling it's quite simple - one cable went to the light in
the lid, the other one disappeared somewhere under the base, and one which I
stupid;y forgot to label went to the mains plug!!

If i get a chance, I may test it tomorrow, see if it will boil water!

Alex