[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displacement Current Revisited

"  Ed -

  How was the DC bias detected or measured? Was it positive or negative
off
the secondary terminal?

  John Couture"

        This is a question for Richard Hull.  (This appears to be one of the
reasons for his interest in electrometers.)  I have never done any
instrumentation, but have often noticed the very significant residual
charge left in the varnish over the secondary.  Also have noticed severe
shocks when holding a metal object (screwdriver, etc.) in my hand and
bring said object close enough to the secondary terminal that sparks
occasionally jump to it.  I believe that this is a rectification-related
phenomenon, but have done no measurements and haven't seen the results
of any.

Ed