[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Caps

Kevin

It is possible, but they are high-loss and show poor stability vs. temp.
They are not as strong as Polypropylene caps - refer to previous messages
about MMCs (Multi mini caps) as well. The ceramic ones may heat up
substantially, change their value and thus detune your primary. I have also
heard of problems with reliability. You could try them, but you may need an
oil bath to keep them cool, and one person I remember who used them reported
that his sparks were much more spindly and violet-coloured compared with his
home-made PE cap.

Alex