[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vacuum Cleaner Motor Cooled Spark Gaps (Gary Lau)

I've got some questions for anyone whose built a Gary Lau-style vacuum
cleaner motor-cooled spark gap.

Has anyone ever tried it with brass knobs in a configuration similar to
that of an air blast gap?  The two gaps seem very similar to me.

Also, from the pictures on Gary Lau's web site, the vacuum appears to be
sucking air through the channel.  This makes sense:  it's a vacuum
cleaner motor.
So, the question is:
Do you guys use any kind of filtering to prevent bad things from being
sucked into the motor?  After all, that's what vacuum cleaner bags are
for, right?

Thanks a lot,
Adam