[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE>Re: High-Bandwidth Prima (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:52:47 -0600
From: terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: RE>Re: High-Bandwidth Prima (fwd)

Hi Dale,

At 03:57 PM 4/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Date: 30 Apr 1998 13:31:20 -0700
>From: Dale Hall <Dale.Hall-at-trw-dot-com>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: RE>Re: High-Bandwidth Prima
>
>RE>Re: High-Bandwidth Primary Circuit Behavior (fwd)
>
>Terry,
>Suggestion: If you have some ferrite cores laying around, try placing them
on various leads to dampen the HF oscillations. Prudent placement may
>direct you to the precise source and resulting enlightenment on HF behavior.

Good idea!  I will "find" a few and give it a try.

>I'm curious as to change in results when secondary load is added to Pri. +
>Result delta with various controlled Sec gap spacing to vary the load & timing?

Still to come :-))  Need to rearrange house for arcs and such!

>I would like to see the test with a HVDC supply and Vacuum relay / switch /
> interrupter. (Jennings, Kilovac) with the latter the most interesting.
>Do you have access to these ?

My company is the largest single customer for Jennings.  Unfortunately, we
don't use their contactors :-((  We use Kilovac parts but they are low
power.  Perhaps good for a one shot test!  But the Kilovac parts never fail
(anymore) so I don't get them as scrap parts for extracurricular testing.
Still, the need for testing with a solid contact to prevent the current
bursts is clear....

Much is still to be learned!

Terry