[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: toroid shaped coil capacitance

From: 	Rick L. Kirby[SMTP:rkirby-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, January 03, 1998 1:33 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: toroid shaped coil capacitance

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

TO: DR. RESONANCE

 I use the equations from the " MACHINERY'S HANDBOOK 17TH ED"
for a sphere   area (sq/in)= pi x dia^2

	for a 5" sphere
	3.1416 x 5"^2
	3.1416 x 25
	78.54 sq/in surface area
for a torus I will try to discribe as follows:

	if my torus (15" major O.D.) is made out of (5" minor O.D.)
	dryer duct I would have a 5" empty space in the middle.
	now the AVG.DIA.(a circle formed by a line following the center
	of the dryer duct) of this torus would be 10".

so: area (sq/in)= pi^2 x avg.dia x minor dia.

	3.1416^2 x 10" x 5"
	9.8696 x 50"
	493.48 sq/in surface area

Hope this helps :>)