[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, January 26, 1998 2:44 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

  Malcolm -

  You may be right. Let's get back to reality.  How would you measure the
"no- infinity" impedance of the pick up ball in oil or air?  What percentage
of secondary voltage drop do you think it would cause on a Tesla coil ?

 I would like to give the calculations a try. Have you ever tested for the
TC secondary voltage and made the necessary calculations ? How do you do the
calculations? In another post I  mentioned that even the 1000 meg divider I
tried drops the sec voltage too much. However, Jim Monte's extrapolation
test is a good possibility. What do you think?

  John Couture