[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd)

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, January 25, 1998 3:45 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd)

All,
      This talk of infinities is ringing alarm bells for me:

    It is impossible to measure something without loading it. A well
established principle known as the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
has a lot to say about this. Only the degree to which the measured
item is loaded is in question.

    Secondly, this talk floating around about infinite output
impedances is garbage.  Is the Q of your coil finite or not??

Time to get back to reality I think.
Malcolm

<snip>