[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Gap voltages AC vs. DC (fwd)

Sent: 	Friday, January 02, 1998 1:01 PM
To: 	tesla-at-stic-dot-net
Subject: 	Re: Gap voltages AC vs. DC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:43:35 -0700
From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Gap voltages AC vs. DC

At 05:34 PM 1/1/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

Neon sign transformers are pretty much pieces of crap they are not even
close to there name plates to with say 20%.  They don't have to be.  There
is no such thing as precision neon lighting.  Only a true potential
transformer can be relied upon in a measurement like you are attempting.
Also the voltage of breakdwon is based on the peak voltage and not the RMS
values.  (1.4 times higher)

60 hz values of peak voltage breakdown for the exact same electrodes should
track fairly close to the DC values.  +/- 5%.

Richard Hull, TCBOR