[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

dc drive forT-coil and S-gap replacement?

----------
From:  bmack [SMTP:bmack-at-frontiernet-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, January 22, 1998 9:38 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: dc drive forT-coil and S-gap replacement?

Greg,

Have you actually tried the this proposed circuit?  Your monster coil runs
at 38KHZ but you're using a rotory gap.

So far as I know, thyristers are great at switching  low frequency heavy
loads,  but have slow recovery times.  Even 38khz is too fast for these
devices- am I missing something?

Jim McVey