[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help....again...

----------
From:  Dan Ressler [SMTP:danz_da_man-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, January 21, 1998 9:38 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Help....again...

Hello all,
I have aquired a 15kv 30ma transformer, about 40ft #6 bare wire for
primary coil.  I also have plenty of 2" pcv and I also have 4" pcv.  Now
I would like some suggestions for the demesions of the primary and the
secondary and the toroid so as I get the biggest spark.  I'd really
apriciate the help, and thanx for all the help so far.....
Dan

>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 17:06:16 -0700
>From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>Subject: Re: Desktop Coil ground? (fwd)
>
>to: Mike
>
>With this size coil you might consider using an oil burner ignition
xmfr
>(OBIT).  Most are rated 10 kV at 23 ma and will usually charge a .005
MFD
>cap reasonably well.  I made a small unit this size and took it to Ed
>Wingate's Teslathon this year.  It produced 5-6 inch sparks.  I used a
>simple 2 gap design (2 small gaps in series) and a commercial .005 MFD
cap
>with a 3 turn primary coil.  I started with 16 turns and tapped until
it
>worked best with the cap and sec. load.  The caps are very small (3/4
inch
>x 2 inch x 1/4 inch) which allowed me to use a base only 7 1/2 inch
wide.
>Used delrin spacers 4 3/4 inch high to separate the sub-base pieces
which
>were 1/4 inch phenolic type LE.  If you need any caps I have them in
stock
>005 MFD  9 kV (will work on 10 kV) for $25/unit.
>
>DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

>> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: Desktop Coil ground? (fwd)
>> Date: Monday, January 19, 1998 9:34 AM

Medical
>Center
>> San Bernardino, California. (909)799-8308 |Internet:
baumann-at-llumc.edu