[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

7000V/700mA ??

From: 	D.C. Cox[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Tuesday, January 20, 1998 12:32 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 7000V/700mA ??

TO: Sparky

If you are running a large coil with a sec toroid of at least 7 x 30 or
larger and a primary cap of around 0.1 MFD the 7 kV 700 ma xmfr will work
fine -- should produce sparks around 10-14 ft long with 14 AWG wire on the
sec coil.  If you are running a smaller coil the 700 ma may be way to
excessive -- around 120-200 ma will work better with a pri cap size of
around .03-.05 MFD.  Good luck in your work.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net