[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Desktop Coil ground?

From: 	baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu[SMTP:baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu]
Reply To: 	baumann-at-proton.llumc.edu
Sent: 	Monday, January 19, 1998 2:27 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Desktop Coil ground?

I am in the process of designing/building a desktop coil for a friend
that is a physics teacher. Can you think of a better way to get kids
interested in science that arcs? :)
Anyway: It is pretty obvious that said coil must be small,and that is
not really a problem. What is a problem is how to ground the beast.
The instructor is not allowed to do little things like pound 8ft rods
into the ground outside the class.
[Proposed coil would be: 1"x10" 28awg, with a 2-3" spherical topload`
I will have to find ferrite toriods or sticks to build the protection
circut. At this frequency, he will be able to use a small cap, and yet
still get 5-6" arcs at least.
--
--
Michael Baumann  Optivus Technology Inc.|Loma Linda University Medical Center