[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Desktop Coil ground? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:26:14 -0800 (PST)
From: "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re:  Desktop Coil ground? (fwd)

"I am in the process of designing/building a desktop coil for a friend
that is a physics teacher. Can you think of a better way to get kids
interested in science that arcs? :)
Anyway: It is pretty obvious that said coil must be small,and that is
not really a problem. "
	My nephew teaches at San Diegito High School, near San Diego.
His students have built a number of fairly large TC's, now running
better than 6' sparks between a pair of coils in "bipolar"
arrangement.  He found an essentially unlimited source of NST's,
mostly 12 and 15 kV, 60 ma units, all for free!
	Small isn't essential, and somewhat bigger might also bee
be somewhat easier.
Ed