[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: capacitor connections (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 17:31:15 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: capacitor connections (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Kevin,

A piece of flat aluminum or copper flashing would be a much better
choice. It turns out that braid has very poor high-frequency current
handling capability due to the way that the surface (skin efect)
currents must flow through the contact points where wires dive in/come
out of the woven braid. This leads to very lossy transient and high
frequency performance.

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --