[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The Tesla Coil Project (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:59:56 -0800
From: Joshua Resnick <seraphim-at-WPI.EDU>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: The Tesla Coil Project

Tesla List,

I am in the process of creating a highly graphical, highly detailed
interactive Tesla Coil design program.  One of the features that I hope
will set this program apart from other coil programs is its ability to
interactively link the various calculations involved with coil design.
For example you might only know how big your capacitor is, so you would
tell the program how big your cap is and it would wait until you fill in
another variable such as desired freq. before telling you secondary
inductance.  I hope to create a structured hierarchy of interconnected
data in a standard C++ type family of classes.  This would help to
eliminate some of the confusion related to the design process.  I was
hoping members of the list would contribute by supplying me with some
additional data.  Data that I'm looking for would be a table of gauge
thickness with different types of coatings,  more obscure formulas, RSG
formulas,  ect.  Also if anybody has functions that they would like to
see incorporated into such a package please let me know.
             ____
      /\/\ ((____)) /\/\/\/\         Joshua "Flux Boy" Resnick
     /       |  |    \       \       http://www.wpi.edu/~seraphim
   /         |  |      \/\/\   \ __  http://ece.wpi.edu/~seraphim