[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark gap question - lurk apology

From: 	Bob Schumann[SMTP:tesla-at-america-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, January 11, 1998 6:41 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Cc: 	USA-TESLA-at-list.iex-dot-net
Subject: 	Spark gap question - lurk apology

Hi coilers,

Sorry it has seemed like a millineum since I have posted and have been
lurking to the side.Over the summer I have built a small coil and have
desgined a spark gap, both of which I will be taking pictures of to put
on my web page and share with the list.

I recently came upon some inch and a half stainless steel cylinders I was
thinking if they would make good electrodes in a static spark gap setup.
I am wondering if anybody has tried stainless steel and if in fact brass or
copper would be a better electrode. The stainless steel cylinders are
hardened which may prove to make them less then diserable but I don't know.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Schumann