[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What kind of transformer is this?

From: 	Chris Crochet[SMTP:ccrochet-at-earthling-dot-net]
Reply To: 	ccrochet-at-earthling-dot-net
Sent: 	Wednesday, January 07, 1998 5:14 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	What kind of transformer is this?

G'day,

I recently came across an ad on http://bro-dot-net/barc/forsale.html for some
high "current or voltage sensing" transformers.  They sound very heavy
duty.  What does this transformer do, and is it useful for Tesla work?

Description follows... Chris Crochet

---

HIGH VOLTAGE TRANSFORMERS/CASES: I have at least 50 HV current or voltage
sensing transformers. They measure 5" x 6" x 7" tall with two 3" long
porcelain feedthru insulators sticking out opposite sides. Also has a
4-terminal barrier strip on top. I de-potted one of them using a small heat
gun but only found three small toroids, a diode bridge and small cap. and
lots of glass marbles and resin. The case itself is 1/8" thick solid
aluminum plate with a 1/16" thick gray rubber coating on inside and out (
the top is removable ) and may be useful for housing your own HV project if
you can economically de-pot the inside. The feedthrus have 1/4"-20 x 5"
long long solid copper threaded studs with brass nuts on each end. Unit
weighs 16 lbs. Asking $7.00 each or 2/$12 plus shipping from S.E. Alabama.
Email or call 334-347-5281.
W. Worley <worley-at-snowhill-dot-com>
Enterprise, AL USA - Monday, January 05, 1998 at 14:45:58 (CST)

---