[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dielectric material -Reply

Jim,
    UHMW is quite flexible(mechanically properties similar to HDPE)
and will not break or crack no matter how tight of radius it is bent into. as
for relative cost thin film will be 50 to 200% more than hdpe. even so it is
a good buy compare to other more exotic polymers.
most applications do not utilized its electrical porperties.instead it's
outstanding abrasion resistance,low coef. of friction,bearing
properties,and the like.hope this helps.
Robert

>>> <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> 09/26/98 07:35pm >>>
Original Poster: Jim Monte <JDM95003-at-UCONNVM.UCONN.EDU>

Robert,

Would you provide some additional info about UHMW-PE?  For example,
how
stiff is it relative to the others, and can it be rolled or is it too
brittle?  What are some current applications for it?  Also, what is its
relative cost?  Thanks for any additional info.

Jim Monte