[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sparklength inquiry

Well Malcolm, All,
I tried Greg and John's data with my little "goofy"
equation. The sparkgrowth did follow both when graphed,
but only to a point. Not too long and my values went way
out in no-mans land again. I kind of figured this would
happen. What appears really difficult in a sparkgrowth
equation is;
1) what is the max length
2) why is it a max length
3) what unit (whatever) is crossed which begins to
decrease length

Far beyond my startrek approach. Hopefully, you guys who
really understand your math can come up with a near-miss
equation for sparklength for non-controlled (in-air)
sparks and the relationship to BPS. I'll be listening. I
do think however, maybe we should be looking at
sparkgrowth and it's relationship to ion lifetimes and
how energy levels change ion lifetimes to work this out.
I think were missing data which can only be obtained via
specific tests we have yet to do on our systems. This is
where physics majors can really play a vital role. How
about it all you physics gods?
Bart