[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What dielectricis the champion?

Mike, Dan,
Kapton can definately take some heat by it's design. I
believe 3M is the maker of Kapton. At work we use Kapton
tape (transparent amber color) for two purposes
currently; to hold down a grounding brush for a 2100VAC
corrona erase rod which is heated in a brass housing
(takes the heat well - hot enough to burn your finger
after a second or two). We have also used it on a
motherboard which has high voltage tracing. We had a
problem with the trace arcing to the motherboard frame.
Kapton tape become the quick fix temporarily between the
trace and frame - problem gone.
Bart