[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help for a "green coiler"

Hi everyone,

This is a first try for me to the list server.  I REALLY appreciate such a
location for help!

I'm VERY new at playing with TC's.  Working with standard NST's I'm
attempting to build a fairly simple TC for now.  I have built one, using
15.000/30ma NST, air gap, and door knob caps.  Coil was wrapped on 4" pvc
pipe, approx. length 28".  This is all pretty much by trial and error
methods.

Can anyone supply me with the BASICS to go by, and any suggestions for good
results, at moderate costs?  Is it better to convert to DC?  Any suggested
designs for rotory gaps?  And last but not least, and maybe my biggest
curiosity - how do I wind an RF choke to prevent "kickback" thru my NST and
house wiring???  This has happened and the result was a neat cut (of laser
quality) in the case of the power transistor on a nearby 12v power supply!
Thank God for protecting my computer which was near by also!!!

ANY help to a "green horn" would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Roger Gorzney
JDHW - Electronics Lab
309-765-6049  voice