[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Here pig pig pig (wheels)

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >

> > > I'm going to have to find some sort of wheeled platform for this thing
> > >to sit on.  Either that or I'll put wheels on the pallet and call it
> > >done!!

<snip>

> I'd go a bit bigger than 12x12, depending on where the CG is. You want
> the base big enough so that when you push on the top of it (rolling it
> around, and the caster hits a tiny rock, that it doesn't tip over.
>
> Alternately, weld up a box of square steel tubing or angle and who cares
> if it falls over, at least the insulators won't hit the ground and
> break.

<Snip>

> You might also contemplate making the base triangular and using three
> casters.

Bill,
Tried the triangle wheel set-up. It tends to be unstable when making
turns.

I Have several angle iron braced platforms, (With a protective box),
about 2ft X 2ft with large casters. They will probably support well over
1000 lbs.

Now for the the best part they are free and just a few miles from your
house. Just fire up the ole Suburb and drive to Blanchester.

If you are interested please e-mail me off the list

BTW congrats on your Transformer buy!

Cliff