From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Unpotting and HV in a cup ?!
Date: Tuesday, September 22, 1998 11:35 PM

Original Poster: RWB355-at-aol-dot-com

MAIL was:  Here pig pig pig (unpotting)
Original Poster: gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>

>SNIP
 1. You can stir in about 3/4 to 1 cup of high voltage into the tar and let
 it cool. This makes a very strong neon transformer.

 SNIP>
Hi Gary, ALL

Quick question:How do you "stir in" a cup of high voltage ?? Sounds definately
interesting.

 I would (if I could get a good sized NST in germany, which I canīt) pot the
thing in  a metal container containing castor oil or Shell Diala-X.
I mean if I go to the trouble to remove the tar, why should I put it back on??
Tar is no good for RF usage. It wonīt insulate a high voltage source "covered"
with stray RF.

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard