[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Our friend the FCC, straight skinny part 2

Payne, Will E wrote:

Much thanks for your comprehensive description of CFR 47,
and how it applies to TC's.  I can tell that you have had
some real experience with this sort of thing!
A couple questions:

Given the allowed field strength equation (part 18.305):
> 25 * sqrt ( p / 500 ) uV/m measured at 300 m
and the Part 15 the radiated limits computed by:
> 2400 / f(kHz) in uV/m at 300m

Does the coil has to meet both these specs, or just one?

Also, you mentioned:
> There is no legal 'out' for owning the property.
> But it would help you be a good neighbor.

How do you think the FCC would actually treat a complaint
by someone who lives outside the property, even though the
field strengths fall within the limits of the above equations
at the property line?
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org