[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC Supply

> Original Poster: Mark Finnis <mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au>

> NOW ...... further to the inspiration above from Greg, I need some input
> from the local Aust./NZ contributors.  What is going to be a good choice
> for rectification.  I am assuming Greg was not "tongue-in-cheek" in the
> above, so we are talking about full-wave rectification times 3-phase

Of course I was serious... I wish my house had 3PH!
For cheap diodes at the NST power levels, try ECG125's.
They're 1kV -at- 2.5A, cheap, and PC mountable.  1N4007's
are rated at 1A and even cheaper.  Stack them to the
appropriate voltage on a PCB or a perfboard with RC
snubbers and your all set!

Of course there is an alternative to using a 6-pulse
rectifier stack -- THE 3-PHASE ROTARY GAP.  <8^O

-GL
www.lod-dot-org