[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Here pig pig pig

Hi Bill,  There is an easier way to "un-pot" these things.  I've un potted
many NSTs and have found that heating them is very messy and also has the
undesirable effect of making the tar penetrate even deeper into the
laminates and windings.  What I do is use an air chisle to break open the
case.  then I throw the whole black mess into the deep freezer for the
night.  Then, in the morning, I just go out and drop the thing on the ground
and wack it a few times with the hammer.  I then simply sweep up the mess of
frozen tar and take it apart.

Give it a try, works great.!

-Keith