[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FCC Friend?

I admire all of you responsible coilers! Maybe someone is wondering what
the government will do about TC interference. Please consider my REAL
problem with a REAL FCC issue and weigh it against your concern for being
good neighbors.
I have had an on going nuisance problem for over a year with a particular
local CB radio operator. This guy has a CB and evidently rather large
linear and a sloppy, spilly antenna mostly for the purpose of being the
most grotesque #-at-*#^ he can be! Especially at female CB'ers! I don't own a
CB, I receive him loud and clear on my telephone! Sometimes TV. (No, he
doesn't live next door.) I have had women hang up on me because of his
disgusting language and graphic sexual nature of his conversation. It has
effected some potential business deals. (I'm a photographer and do
weddings.) I have gone the route of calling the police, telephone company,
and so on and on... and after calling the congress man's office to get the
local FCC number, the FCC in Washing D.C. What I found out is this:
Clinton has cut back the government task force on FCC violations.
Likewise, a large per cent of funds to pursue FCC violators and abuse of
FCC laws has been eliminated.
Unless violators are interfering with government (Federal or local)
operations, there is NO enforcement of FCC laws.
The FCC will issue a sheet listing manufactures where someone experiencing
problems can contact the company that made whatever device on which
interferance was received in order to ask that company what can be done. I
have my sheet! And still get the offending CB'er many evenings.
Bottom line- Consider yourself a good neighbor because of your concern of
offending others and rest assured that you are operating your coil in a
responsible manor.
If anyone replies to this , please reply direct and keep it off list.
Good coiling and more power to you!
DK