[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil toroid Size

  Greg -

  It has taken me some time to digest what you have said in your post. You
said "this equation is totally wrong". Are you referring to the equation or
just to the units? The equation units should be -

(watt seconds) x (breaks/seconds) x (1/eff) = watt breaks/eff

  You say the equation is wrong but give no explanation. Could you clarify
your statement?

  The above equation is a basic equation used by coilers for designing
Tesla coils. It apparently is not compatible with your test data. Are you
suggesting a different design approach?

  Your data also appears to indicate the single random extra long spark is
impossible without some kind of energy storage from more than one bang.
Your data says one break gives 2.5 feet.

  Have I misinterpreted what you are saying? I must admit your comments and
data have confused me.

  John Couture