[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ozone

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 21:16:21 -0600 Bob Golding
<yubba-at-clara-dot-net> wrote;

>	HI All,
>	I have been tuning my coil and adjusting it a lot this week,
>and have
>noticed that I am getting headaches which last about 8 hours. I am
>pretty sure they are being caused by ozone build up as I don't have much
>ventilation yet. I am planning to put in a extractor fan sometime, but
>until then I was going to use a face mask. does anyone know what sort
>of filter i should use?

I don't know of any commercialy available filter that will block ozone!
What I do when forced to do a lot of coil running indoors is I have a
face mask fed by a boxer fan from a hose I run out a window. this way
I am breathing fresh air without the ozone.

>also will I get toxic fumes from the outlet of the vacuum cleaner i am
>using on my gap?

Yes! You will not only get more ozone but also the metal vapors of what
ever your gap electrodes are made of.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]