[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Liquid polymer dielectric?

I light of all the discussions on various dielectrics and methods of
making our own capacitors I have noted the following things
1)liquid dielectrics are superior primarily due to their greater
surface area. and ability to "heal" after an accidental ESD puncture.
2) Plastics are superior due to their inherently greater dilectric
constant and associated increased charge per unit volume.

With these properties in mind it seems that a capacitor made from a
couple of nested metal containers and seperated by some sort of un-cured
polymer or other such "plastic liquid ?" ought to have a lot of good
propertys. Any suggestions for materials?

I was just curious. Do any of you have any experience making this sort
of a cap or know why it might or might not be a good idea.

Steve
adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com