[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Yet another safety note...

>as planned, the cap did not totally discharge when it was shut off. Of
>course I reached down to change the carrot, and grabbed the leads with
both
>hands. It felt like running into a brick wall, and gave me one hell of a

There is one very good habit I have learned: use only one hand to touch
things! That way you never get a hand-to-hand discharge if the system
is isolated from ground. Nice way for learning that is by keeping one hand
in the pocket when working.

Well, unfortunately it is not possible always. Systems are not always
separated from mains ground either. Yet, it is a good habit in many
situations.

--
Harri Suomalainen     mailto:haba-at-cc.hut.fi

We have phone numbers, why'd we need IP-numbers? - a person in a bus