[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Using an isolation xformer for ballesting

ello all,

    I am trying to do some current limiting for some MOT's I
have & need a little help. I have a 3Kva 480/240v or 240/120v
stepup/down transformer. It has 2 primarys & 2 secondaries.
I can wire it for 120v in and 480v out by parralleling the
primarys & seriesing the secondaries. I am wanting to run the
120v side in series with my 120v power lines and put ballesting
resistors on the other side of it. I don't want it to drop a lot of
voltage across the isolation transformer like it has been. All
I current have is 2 - 12 ohm 200w resistors I've been using in
parrallel for 3 ohm. I understand as I step up the voltage with
this isolation transformer that i'm steping down current. So
would using smaller value resistors make less of a drop across
the transformer? I think I'm on the right track, but I'd hate to
spend more money to find out I am wrong.

Choad
Member of The Oklahoma Tesla Coil Builders
http://www.geocities-dot-com/SouthBeach/Pier/2756/index.htm