[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: has anyone touched a PIG

At 04:44 PM 9/9/98 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: Cabbott Sanders <cabbott-at-cyberis-dot-net>
>
> Has anyone related to tesla coils ever been zapped by thier pig?  I'm just
>curious if anyone has any stories or knows anyone that has ever got "the 15
>kv 1
>amp buzz"
>
>also, if i regulate my 15 kva pig to something like 60 mA, isn't it the
>same as
>a neon?  will biggies like that even go that low (and overcome losses)?

Somewhere on one of the Tesla-related web sites I've seen a scary photo of
someone drawing a fat arc (4 inches or so) between two pigs (secondaries in
series?) while holding one lead in each hand.  I presume the wires were
insulated.  The voltage drop would be low as long as the arc was
maintained, but if it should flick out I'd hope that insulation was heavy!

Norm