[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pigs and hotdogs.

Mad Coiler (Tristan) wrote:

>I think Bill the Arcstarter did something like simulating the effect of
>getting  shocked with a hotdog. I think it made a big mess? I dont

Yes, we did.  The results were appalling.  You DON'T want ANY mistakes
with a pig.

We use a 14.4Kv 25KVA pig, inductively  limited down to 2-7 KVA
depending on what we are doing!

See the pics on Fleischwulf's page:
http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9561/paularc.html

We are using x-ray cable with the shield intact, and grounded out.  I
think on one photo we are getting some Blumlein effects, as there was a
different arc characteristic (bright blue pops) when the conductors were
just barely close enough to arc...

...and remember - don't try this at home.  Go to a friend's house first!
:)

-Bill the arcstarter
Starting arcs in Cinci, OH
http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/6160