[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Oven_elements_and_shoving_them_down_a_pig=B4s?= throat

 Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
<SNIP>

 you can use headlamps from cars (30 amps, pretty much constant current) or a
high

<SNIP>
Hi Bill,

If you use car headlights you will need ten of them at 120 volts or 20 at 240
volts, otherwise youīre gonna exceed their voltage rating and burn em out.
In the light of 20 car headlights you arenīt gonna see very much of your tcīs
sparks, either. Just a thought

BTW Greg: I agree with Charles thatyou shouldnīt emmerse the heating elements
in the same container your pig is in because of explosion hazzards and high
voltage arc overs (They donīt need a lot of voltage insulation in normal use).
I donīt know if pigs have a safety vent, but if they donīt, you will have a
small sharpnel bomb on your hands that could kill you as easily as the high
voltage from your pig or at least gash you up pretty badly.

coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard