[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Simple Fully Adjustable RQ Gap

Howdy again !  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the RQ gap is a multi-gap made
of parallel segments of copper pipe.

Last night I glued 13 RQ electrodes on a strip of 1/8 in thick
glass-composite salvaged from a yard transformer. I spaced the gaps at
0.008, and by bending the strip, I can get the gaps up to about 0.050 and
still have them fairly uniform.  I had several beers in me by the time the
glue was applied, plus irregular edges on my shims from the tin snips kinda
skewed my spacing a bit.  Tonight I will clean it up and try to get it into
some kind of circuit.

If anyones interested, will follow with quantitative data on uniformity and
performance at power, but I do not yet have a complete TC system to test in.
But I pass the simple method of simultaneously adjusting all the gaps in
case it helps anyone.

Will