[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pigs and X-Ray Cabling

to: coiler

Don't use the x-ray cable with the shield as a ground.  It works fine with
DC with an AC pole pig the extra cap will resonant and damage the pig.
I've seen the actual resonant rise high enough to arc over the entire pole
pig bushing (over 125 kV), so don't run it with the shield on as a ground.
This wqrning also applied to any type coaxial cable.  With the shield
stripped it will work fine as a power supply cable for your pole xmfr.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net