[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Argon gap construction pics

Hi All,
	I have posted a bunch of construction photos of my argon spark gap at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/argap/

pic01.jpg - Glass, copper pipe, and silicone caulk from stores.

pic02.jpg - Soldering copper strap onto pipe sections.

pic03.jpg - Glass base with supports glued to bottom.

pic04.jpg - Two pipe gap sections being glued up.

pic05.jpg - Close up of 12 mil paper spacers between sections of pipe.

pic06.jpg - Large blower fan next to measurement standard.

pic07.jpg - Gap sections glued up into stack.

pic08.jpg - Blower, gaps, and baffles glued to base.

pic09.jpg - Side view of above.

pic10.jpg - Glass sides being glued in.

pic11.jpg - Almost complete argon spark gap.

The silicon needs to dry for a day or two.  Then I will fill the gap with
argon and we'll see what happens.....

	Terry Fritz