[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Gas Properties and Gap Cooling

Hi
 I have been following the discussion of inert gas use for the spark gaps.
Although my current project is a rather large DC CW Tube coil (I have several
small ones that supply emperical data for the big project) I got the notion
that
it might be easier to cool the gas itself. Consider a closed system. Much the
same idea for rapid cooling of your auto. Once the system had been purged
of unwanted gasses, it should not be too difficult to circulate the gas
(like Argon)
through a colling system and with filtering and catalysts even remove
impurities.
1. You would save gas
2. Cooling would take place
3. Pressure control could be regulated (aid to quench)
Just some thoughts for you sparkers.
PS This is a fantastic list. Thanks..John

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Department Chair of Computer Science and Mathematics
Aurora University, Aurora IL 60506
Office: 630-844-5539     Fax: 630-844-7830